Monday, March 3, 2014

Monday Meme: New-to-me Meme

Solid Stance

Very luckily, for Berry's New-to-Me Meme, I had this set of pictures waiting in the wings that contained not just one, but three new-to-me stores and a style that is far outside of my normal mode (but which I have blogged before). I am normally a fantasy faerie, even when wearing modern dress, but now and then I become a cyberpunk faerie when I'm particularly inspired. With how information travels in Second Life, one of the best ways of finding new stores and new styles is through the large events that go on - though a few of them are paralyzed in size and available stores - and so I found it with the Futurewave event, which introduced me to far more new-to-me stores than just demonstrated in these images. I'm also, unusually for me, also almost wearing pants - though these thigh to ankle stockings allow just the barest flash of flesh in the back where leggings-meets-miniskirt.

These amazing excuses for me to wear miniskirts more often, and the mask, are both from one of the new-to-me stores called AFtershok, which also gave me one of those very pleasant experiences of good customer service. The set I had bought at Futurewave came sans HUD, and I sent a notecard over to ask about it, since I was particularly interested in the purple trim and it was stuck on green at the time. As is the way with Second Life, the first sending of the norecard didn't go through, but shortly after the second AFtershok sent me the nicest response and my missing HUD. I love finding new stores, and having a friendly and responsive creator is just the icing on that particular cake. The mask I'm wearing is also from AFtershok, and is as well rigged as the as the leggings and fits extremely well. It came with an invisilayer for the outh and nose, but I ended up finding it unnecessary. Both the wearing of the mask, and the almost-pants, are departures from my usual style but a lot of fun in any case; also, both are available at AFtershok's main store.

Dancing in the Streets

The second new store I found at Futurewave is called Static, and it brought me my amazing rainbow-pixel halo, and a set of technological rainbow color changing wings. Both have an amazing glow which stands out in the dark without seeming out of place. Both are animated in their own ways - the wings as they shift from shade to shade and the halo as it bleeds pixels of light into the air. The halo in particular is very reminiscent of my avatar on Gaia Online, who always wears a rainbow halo, and was something I had wanted for a long while. The wings are a more unusual bat-style, which I've warn before but rarely. The halo and the wings are available at Static's store, on the level below the skins. The final new-to-me store is ISD, which gave me these astonishing arm warmers which go so well with my dress. They actually came with a matching dress as well - a cowl-neck design which didn't go as well with my AFtershok mask - but what I loved particularly about them was that they could go very well with other styles of clothing, and the unusual band-and-garter style which I appreciate so much on legs. They blend in so seamlessly with the rest of my look that it's both astonishing and fun. Unfortunately, neither the dress nor the armwarmers seem to be at ISD's main store yet, but hopefully it's just a matter of time.

I would have been a great deal more naked in this look without a few stores I've blogged before, though, and since the new ones are getting a bit or word, I'd like to spend a few moments on them as well. My hair is from A.E.Meth and is a thick, single-form in the style of robotic helmet-hair, which I thought was rather fun. The dress is from Sakide, which is a store I've known and blogged for ages - a real contrast to the new stores. She regularly has awesome clothes available, often several colors for one low price, which appeals to me as a spectrumphile. And finally my shoes, my amazing rainbow sneakers, my sneaks of such delight they make me squee, are a recent release from Adore & Abhor and I simply adore (and do not at all abhor) them. Like Sakide, Adore & Abhor takes up a significant chunk of my inventory space, though they may be new to other people reading this right now. I love the idea of spreading the word about fun and interesting stores, so I'm really hoping other people who participate in the New-to-Me Meme will introduce me to some wonderful new stores.

A Moment of Melancholy

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: A.E.Meth, Gynoid 9
Halo: Static, Pixel Halo
Mask: AFtershok, Asunder Mask
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyeshadow: Beautiful Freak, Thorny
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Wings: Static, Rainbow Cyberwings
Shoulder: Bryn Oh, Shoulder Beetle
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: By Snow, Carbon Manicure
Dress: Sakide, Virtuality Dress
Arm Warmers: ISD, DarkNet Warmers
Leg Warmers: AFtershok, Titan 1
Shoes: Adore & Abhor, Platform Sneaks

Poses: Magnifique

Location: Seraph City
Light Settings: TOR, DUSK Fairytale Glow
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

2 comments:

  1. Those shoes are pretty damn cool! Love the look and your pics are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore the shoes so much, you have no idea.

      Delete