Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 11 - Crucible’s Pom

There's a Li~ght!

I am very, very, very late for Crucible's Pom. In my defense, I did blog the entire Fashion Faire inside of a very busy week, but still I might have been able to combine if I'd had a brain to do so. I'm catching up, though! And I began by checking out a few of the recent events and piecing together something orange and gray. It was almost inevitable I'd end up revisiting Halloween, this time pulling out an awesome dress from Pinkmares (sadly closed) that I'd been meaning to blog for a while. Sometimes I feel like my inventory is a vast well of things simply waiting for me to blog them too late! I love the little gray skulls along the edges of the skirt, and the grinning yellow Jack o'lantern head makes me giggle every time I look at it. Keep your fingers crossed - Pinkmares may re-emerge on the marketplace in the future, and you too might be able to get something gothy, cute, and funny all in one. The other base items I chose was this awesome new hairstyle from Discord Designs. Cornrows are always entertaining on my very whitebread avatar, but these are simply divine. The braid-to-head-tattoo is seamlessly perfect, and I love the fall of braids down my back. I used to see this hairstyle sometimes on other women, and I simply loved it; it's even more fun to see it on me (without the eight or nine hours of braiding! Bonus!). Also as a bonus, it fit perfectly behind my ears, which is always a challenge with me and hair. I capped off the bottom end of my outfit with these gorgeous heels from Dilly Dolls which were released as part of Adore & Abhor Birthday, which has such a fun collection of gifts!

Raising the Dead

With the basics of my orange and gray look established, it was time to seek out some accessories, and L'Accessories seemed to be the perfect place to go. I find this event very challenging, because on the one hand I really love a lot of the stuff, but on the other hand I can easily drop $1kL on a given store, and that's a lot of Linden going out the door very quickly. After the Fashion Faire, where I went through $5kL easily and very likely more, I'm feeling the need to reign in my spending - something this event does not make easy! I started with this enormous hat from Lode, which is a major departure from my usual style, but I loved it so much. It's an oversized, soft felt hat with a huge poofy flower, and comes in a variety of colors - each of them with a color changing flower! I really like how it covers only one half of my head, which makes it easier to pair up with different hairstyles.The other purchase was practically a sinecure from when I first saw it - this gorgeous pearl collar from Lassitude & Ennui. I love the delicate patterning of the pearls over the lace, and I ended up buying the whole display out (see what I said about me and Linden? It's a curse!). The final touch was the cosmetics; I wanted to echo the coloring in my outfit without becoming too cartoonish, and so I turned to Virtual Insanity again, this time pairing two eyeshadows to get the orange and yellow effect I wanted. One nice thing about her eyeshadows is that the silhouettes of color vary widely from style to style, meaning that layering them really has a significant effect. The lips are a very old release from Rue which I simply love; they're one of the only lipsticks I have which contour to my unusually wide and narrow (for Second Life) lips, and I always seem to turn to them when I need a very dark, precise lip. It's too bad she doesn't have a whole line available now, since I'd buy the Hel out of them (*clears throat, tapping foot meaningfully ;)*).

I Heard Something...

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow 1: Virtual Insanity, SPRING Tangerine
Eyeshadow 2: Virtual Insanity, La Ligne - Yellow
Lipstick: Rue, Gothier Than Thou
Hair: Discord Designs, FBR01 - Dirty Blond (Promotional item)
Hat: Lode, Magnoli
(L'Accessories Event)
Collar: Lassitude & Ennui, Viola Lace (L'Accessories Event)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Dress: Pinkmares, Pumpkin Potion (Closed)
Heels: Dilly Dolls, Saula B-Lace Heels (Adore & Abhor Birthday)

Poses: Alchemy Immortalis

Location: Neva
Light Settings: EUPHORIA Fin de Siecle
Water Settings: Mirror Glass

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

3 comments: