Sunday, January 13, 2013

Violent Seduction in the Season of the Witch

Bastet

Violent Seduction has broken her long silence with an amazing new outfit and head accessory based on all the indulgences of the French Court, with a bit of flirty calf thrown in for spice. This mesh dress, a square-bodiced, elbow length gown with a built in black velvet corset and ruffles, is edged in gold detailing with the chandelier on the front of it. The bodice is cut low enough that the top of my aureolas were showing, covered enough to pass in a PG sim, but edgy for people who attend to detail. I love the sumptuous fabric of the gown; the corset is richly textured velvet with patterning in the color of the gown with ruffles and fastenings set in subtle satin that seems almost tangible. The bows at the top and bottom are perfectly placed, a subtle finish to the metal fastenings. The velvet of the dress is lined with gold braid which almost seems scratchy to the touch - only the chandelier seems more painted on; the rest is richly embroidered. The matching headress, available in black with red roses at the Lucky Boards at Violent Seduction's new store in Cupcakes, is a little bowed hat linked to bows on the other side with a subtle diadem of two rows of beads. I particularly like the chain dangling under the bows, clearly the ends of the beads and well placed enough to disappear naturally into a lot of different hairstyles. Fitting it to a hairstyle can be a little bit of a challenge since the hat is quite vertical, but any one sided hairstyle will suit it well. I ended up pulling out this awesome rigged mesh style from Exile which had been languishing in my inventory; both the lack of bangs and the tumble of hair on my left fit the hat perfectly.

Finding the Light

In response to my usual modesty, I paired Violent Seduction's scandalous new release with bits and pieces from a couple of Blue Blood dresses - the sleeves, shirt, pants, and stockings from one while the collar came from a second, echoing the ruffles of my bodice with ruffles at my neck. One advantage to Blue Blood's unique style is that pieces can be mixed and matched like this, and then combined with the equally unique offerings from other stores. The one flaw I see in how mesh is taking over everything is that it undermines this sort of creative layering; what I'm wearing from Blue Blood is all body texture and prim rather than mesh, so it fits easily under the dress from Violent Seduction. I think I'll always keep my extensive old-style clothing in my inventory just for this reason; the possibilities for creative combination simply skyrocked when you have a lot of different options. Rounding out the entire look is another new release - this time from Wishbox. These Rocking Chair shoes are made of rigged ribbon up around the calves down into a unique platform shoe that I have not seen the like of anywhere on the grid. A better shot of them are here, but I have to warn you the color is not one released by Wishbox; instead I took the cocoa coloring and tinted it blueish purple to fit in with the entire look. The platforms are wooden - they come with light and dark wood options - and the shoes and ribbons appear satiny to me, the texturing very soft. In the end, I think I managed a rather classic Lolita look, with my only deviation being my weakness for gartered stockings instead of more modest bloomers and petticoats.

Warning

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyeshadow: Adam n Eve, Hepsut
Eyelashes 1: Flugeln Brise, 04-A
Eyelashes 2: SLink, Mesh Eyelashes
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick: Mock, May Lipcolor - Rose Taupe
Hair: Exile, Wide Awake
Headband: Violent Seduction, Cantonier (promotional item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Dress: Violent Seduction, Versailles Dress (promotional item)
Undershirt and Stockings: Blue Blood, Dyna
Shoes: Wishbox, Rocking Horse Shoes

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Witchport
Light Settings: Phototools - Got it Light
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment