Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 3 - Artsy Fields

Close and Personal

The third Twisted Color Challenge was a fun one - a peculiar pale green and a bright red labeled Artsy Fields; the former was a challenge to find (I tinted all versions of it in this look but the eyeshadow) but the latter was all around, aided by the fact that the tippet and cuffs of this coat were separate from the amazing coat - all from G Field. I am, in fact, dressed almost head to toe in G Field products - boots, stockings, coat - and would have tinted one of her roses to match if only it hadn't been no modify. Woe for the pain caused by cruel permissions denying me my color completion! I ended up bringing out a flower from Fuel (who doesn't seem to have a store - woe!) to match the rest, and I think it looks lovely (though G Field's roses remain my favorite). I have the fatpacks of all of the pieces, which means that I have endless opportunity for mixing and matching. G Field is leading the charge in HUD based recoloring, and I used that to texture all kinds of things - sadly, since the boots were a single figure, I couldn't tint them separately to match the coat & tippet, but I think the effect is carried regardless - and I rather surprisingly like this combination of colors, though I'm not sure why. They don't seem like they should work together, and yet the contrast is appealing.

Too Cold Too Sleep

I carried the tints and hues of my clothing over to my appearance, and found it worked pretty well. For hair I'm using the newest release from Underscore (formerly Secrets Hair and Tribal Soul Designs), a sassy short cut with a textured, modern edge. Underscore is also on the tint-via-HUD bandwagon, and may I say it is a glorious wagon? If only I could lure the rest of the grid there, I would be a very happy fashionista. For her new releases, Underscore has reworked the textures, and I really like how they are both bright and softly textured. This red was perfect, and I reflected it in my cosmetics with layering of lipsticks - L Fauna under Mock. The L Fauna gives the depth and brightness to the color, while Mock adds her characteristic shiny, glossy effect which really sells it. The eyeshadow was completely untinted, and oddly was the only Artsy Fields color not tinted by me! And I added it last. Made by Virtual Insanity, I've been waiting for a look it would work with, and this finally met that goal.

The Death of Flowers

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyeshadow: Virtual Insanity, Spring - Margarita
Eyelashes: SLink, Mesh Eyelashes
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick 1: L Fauna, Red 1
Lipstick 2: Mock, Mizu Venetian Red
Hair: Underscore, Herein Hair (promotional item)
Ornament: Fuel, Flowery Peacock
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Dress: G Field, Winter Coat "Natalie" (gift)
Stockings: G Field, Print Tights - Rose Red
Shoes: G Field, Fur Cuff Boots "Sasha"

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Annwn Willows
Light Settings: TOR, SCIFI Noxumic
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment