Friday, August 17, 2012

Journey Through the Afterlife

I got the cage!

One of the reasons I really love the creations of Japanese builders is the multiple layers included, in this case a "hunt" you can run three times (pretty quickly) to get a different ending each time, depending on how you choose and what you have in your inventory (one of the endings can only be gotten on a second run through). I cut my teeth on Japanese video games, so the idea of morality as an inherent part of gameplay which leads to different resolutions is old hat. I love the world building, too - the aspects of an afterlife which are so strange to Usians but have a ring of familiarity for me, despite my Anglo entirety, due to the amount of manga and video games I've experienced over the years. While the entire hunt wasn't enough to really give me a fright, I did jump a few times due to the effects and some of the images are a little disturbing. The way you get to the game, by the way, is to walk forward and fall NOT to follow the landmark; learn from my errors!

Bringing Lanterns to the Tree of Light

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De la Soul, RooMee Rainbow
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Hair: Exile, Quiet Dream
Mask: Air, Omen (part of the Horror Night 2012 Hunt)
Crown: The Black Canary, Divine Right
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings
Jewelry: Dionysia Designs, Black Pearl of Borgias
Dress: G Field, Classic Dress "Clea"
Gloves: Indyra, Kidskin Gloves
Accessories: Part of the Horror Night 2012 Hunt
Stockings: G Field, Button Socks
Boots: G Field, Mesh Lace-up Boots "Gina"

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Miniascape
Light Settings: TOR, SPECIAL Dreamwalker
Water Settings:

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment