Monday, March 21, 2011

Fashion For Life: Irving Penn

I am up against a wall, having dragged behind in my photography, so unfortunately the sims might not be available for enjoying when I'm done. I'm sort of sad to see them go; this year they were undeniably lovely, and it was the lowest lag experience I have ever had with a major event, though I wondered if some of that might be that I stayed away in the first flush of opening and spent most of my time here near the end.

Irving Penn, though, is a mood change from Avedon and Arbus. The former two were much more in the fantasy and medieval while Irving Penn is undeniably more modern, though the textures are as lush and detailed as their sibling sims.

Visiting Friends in the Morning


Set up like a posh, gated neighborhood, there are little barred in sections of trees beside the stores, which are laid out like open-doored houses along the roads. It has a slightly Victorian feel, with the wrought iron fences and the street lights. I particularly like how some of the buildings are boarded up, making them part of the aesthetics of the sim.

Irving Penn also takes advantage of height, making facades of several stories above the stores themselves. Sadly, they're all phantom, so attempts to hang out on the plentiful balconies are a challenge. A fun challenge, though, and one I'm up for. I just wish there was a way to set your height more precisely - hopping up and down until I get what I want is such a trial!

I think I need... a hundred of these


The gatcha area is little chairs. My only complaint with them is you can't actually sit in the chairs; I went a little emo, but got over it. Otherwise it's a cute idea - settle down with a drink and play a little gatcha with your friends!

And beyond the wrought iron and stone walls are these tiny, cute spots of wilderness. Now and there a wild flush of flowers rushes out, too, startlingly natural in a world of brick and iron.

Upper Floors


One fun thing about my first two outfits were the varieties possible with them. The Awesome Designs Party Pack actually comes with four different skirts (see the full photoshoot for the other options) including a surprisingly good looking mini skirt and a long formal skirt besides two varieties of the short, floofy skirt. I like the streaks of blue on the formal skirt in particular, and the optional belt really hugs my curves. Since it's all modify-ok, I was even able to fit it with very little challenge despite being a different shape from most fashion makers. I also love the back of it - the smooth curve of the top is really attractive even without wings!

Credits:
Pin: Felicia's Fashions, Cause Ribbon - Blue
Ring: Lapoint & Bastchild, Sugar Skull - Peridot (Gatcha Prize)
Dress and Shoes: Awesome Designs, Divine Party Pack - Blue
Pose: ImpEle, Lolita 3


Sidewalk Fashion Show


Epic's Dolly Patches also has options - an optional Bolero top and you can either wear the cute short skirt, or go it alone with a set of adorable bloomers. I found myself moving back and forth as the pictures demanded. The little patches on the stockings are adorable, too, and the G Field heels I put on look like they were made to go with it. This is the kind of outfit I could totally pair with big, fluffy boots or a doll key as well, cute enough to be someone's favorite doll.

Credits:
Ring: Lapoint & Bastchild, Sugar Skull - Peridot (Gatcha Prize)
Dress with Bloomers: Epic, Dolly Pathches Deux - Purple
Shoes: G Field, Ribbon Slingback Shoes - grape
Pose: Pffiou, Murder Doll


Night on the Town


Haven Design's Vintage Red is a lovely revelation. I love the sense of simple embroidery on it - the color scheme is simple but elegant, and the length is fantastic. It also falls very well, even when moving, and the line along the chest is modest and sweet. It could be a classy evening out dress, or something fun and flirty for a day in town with friends.

Credits:
Dress: Haven Designs, Vintage Red
Shoes: G Field, Lady Rose Shoes Red
Pose: Long Awkward Pose, Miss Attitude


Wrought Iron Gate


The Your Sin dress by G Sloan Couture is a wonderful study in contrasts. The texture of it is colorful, playful, free flowing and casual in a manner which implies silk. The bust line has a cute little divot which doesn't take it even close to the realm of risque. The back, though, pluges very low - lower than I normally wear - in a smooth, elegant curve to show off these adorable butt dimples of my De La Soul Charlie skin. I almost didn't buy it, but I couldn't resist and now I'm glad I picked it up. The effect is lovely and fun without being too over the top.

I dressed it up with jewelry from artMEfashion - a driftwood necklace and bracelets. The wood seems to go well, being casual, yet the smooth simplicity of the design really makes them elegant.

The shoes are also a Fashion For Life find - color changing wedges from HOC Industries. You can change multiple parts of it, though the color choices are a little more limited than I'd prefer. I like access to a full rainbow of clothes, and the pallet of the Yay Wedge is more narrow, though it did have a nice yellow to bring out the gold of my dress.

None of these are stores I've checked out before, and while I can't guarantee I'll seek them out soon, given my inventory is bulging with unworn clothes, I'm glad to have found them.

Credits:
Jewelry: artMEfashion, Driftwood Necklace and Bracelets
Dress: G Sloan Couture, Your Sin
Shoes: HOC Industries, Yay Wedge - colorchanged to yellow
Pose: HelaMiyo, Gown 5


I had a lovely time in the narrow streets and enjoying the stone and wrought iron of Irving Penn. I highly recommend you take a moment to check it out yourself - it's well worth a visit!

( More pictures here. )

Credits for all pictures:

Skin: De La Soul, Charlie - Cream (Phoenix) (with blond brow tattoo)
Eyes: Tacky Star, Pride
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ear - Fairy (sterling)
Hair: W&Y, 100 Type B with Flower Addon
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings - tinted to match

Location: Fashion For Life - Irving Penn: sponsered by Lapoint & Bastchild
Light Settings: Sim Default Windlight

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment