Sunday, November 14, 2010

Color Challenge: Week One (Late) - Gray

Luna Jubilee came up with an idea of a yearly color blog, and I thought I'd give it a try. Of course, in true me style.... I'm a week late.

So this is last week's. Shhhh.

The color is gray, and I had fun setting a windlight that would turn most everything gray, and my color lights for photography to gray and black (I don't usually have a facelight these days, but when I photograph I use a series of lights worn to highlight different things. It's literally the only light source in the pictures I took; the atmosphere is very dark).

My favorite is Up and Out.

Up and Out

I found the gray focus oddly cathartic. I've had a couple of pretty gray weeks as I coped with unexpected losses, and there's something about seeing the world in only gray that makes the colors all the more brighter.

( See the other pictures here. )

Credits:

Eyes: Miriel, Standard Eyes, Light Blue
Skin: MiaSnow, Rainbow Tan 3
Hair: Exile, Wild Thing - blackgold
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle - shrunk and recolored black
Dress: Hal*Hina, Flower Mini Dress, Dark Grey
Shoes: G Field, Short Lace-Up Boots, Gray
Gloves: Sn@tch, Long Gloves Grey

Pose: Leafy Hang
Light Settings - [Euphoria] Air Pollution
Water Settings - Glassy
Location: Spencer Museum of Art 

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

1 comment: